H2 Maths Tuition
2021 JC2 Revision Classes Commence from Nov 2020.
2021 JC1 Regular Classes Commence from Jan 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Orion Tuition Centre’s H2 Maths program different from other tuition centres?
There are two key ingredients for
To allow our students to learn effectively from different perspectives, we
Ultimately, there are no short-cuts to guarantee success; our tutors have been working hard in all areas to provide the best for our students. That has always been the main pillar of success for our students at the GCE A-Levels year after year.
I am concerned with the order of H2 Maths topics as it differs from JC to JC. Will Orion Tuition Centre’s curriculum be suitable for me?
The difference in topics for H2 Maths among schools is minimal.
The syllabus is split into two main sections: Pure Maths and Statistics. Within each main section, the order of the major topics are sequential; for instance, Differentiation will have to come before the topic of Maclaurin Series, Integration Technique, and then Differential Equation. All J1 will start with Pure Maths, while Statistics will come under the syllabus of JC2.
Nevertheless, the order of topics may still differ due to some independent pure maths topics. Our tutors are well aware of that and students may be re-grouped or given the option to join another group for these topics.
Where can I find out about Orion Tuition Centre's lesson plan?
We do not publish our lesson plans online as each
As such, usually, there are no two classes that are doing the exact same thing. We do this so that we can cater to the different learning paces of our students.
For example, if 80% of the class find themselves comfortable with Topic A, Topic A will be given less emphasis; this allows the other 20% of the students to catch up with the topic, yet still value-adds to the 80% of the class. During subsequent revision phases, our tutors will introduce more challenging questions on topic A for the class.
This is one of the many planning considerations we adopt at Orion Tuition. For a program to be effective, it has to be dynamic and our tutors are willing to go the extra mile to adapt to ensure optimal results for our students.
I am interested to enroll into the JC2 H2 Maths class. Will I miss out on the earlier JC1 topics?
New students will
How big is the H2 Maths class size? I am concerned with the lack of opportunities to consult and seek clarification.
The maximum class size for our H2 Maths class is about 12 students, which is optimal from our experience.
If the class size is too big, students will not be able to seek clarification and
Priority will be given to questions related to the H2 Maths topics being covered in the lesson. However, we will be glad to offer assistance beyond scheduled lesson time for students who need extra help for their school work. Just ask kindly if you need help; we never turn students away.